One of the most CR electrical engineering faculties in the building got a new building at 10 new technical office on campus, BUT „Under Palacky hill.“ This structure allowed to concentrate all the 12 institutes of the faculty, some of which were located in different places in Brno, the campus Pod Palackého hill, which brings great benefits to both students and employees, scientists, faculty and partners.
** The advantage will be a direct link to the new regional research centers and CVVOZE SIX and in particular the research center of excellence CEITEC on the construction and solution of the faculty involved, and that will be campus under Palacky Hill also placed .**
The cost of construction of faculty reached 486 million CZK 132 000, BUT it paid out 61 million 130 thousand of its resources, the rest provided by the Ministry of Education.
Preparation of a new modern building complex began in 2005, a major event was the issuance of building permits in February 2007. The foundation stone of the building was laid in November 2008. The building was designed by the architectural company HEXAPLAN INTERNATIONAL spol. s ro and general contractor of construction work has become OHL ZS, as official handover of the building Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Communication Brno University of Technology held on 7 October 2010 at 10 am
The new building has a usable area of 12.5 thousand. m2, its immediate full capacity of nearly 800 places for students. There are interconnected spaces teaching with research so that they form mutual symbiosis. The modern building has six floors above ground and two underground floors, extensive teaching and research laboratories, large Aulum for 260 students, seminar rooms, computer labs and a large underground garage with almost a hundred places. It also includes dining and relaxation section. The indisputable quality of the location is near the sports arena and stadium Lehkoatletického BUT. Also, colleges are within 10 minutes. walking.
Moving to new premises took place during the summer holidays. The area of the university campus, BUT under Palacky hill into the new building on technical grounds FIT 10 of the Valley Street moved three institutes (Institute of Microelectronics, Institute of Electrical and Department of Foreign Languages), along with Dean's Office.
The construction of this building is the penultimate stage of the summer-long process of centralization of individual faculty institutes, which were scattered around Brno, VUT campus in the Pod Palacky hill. During the time since the founding faculty in 1959, the individual departments and faculty institutes spread throughout virtually Brno. At random, we can give street Antoninska, Hilleho, Koněvova, Božetěchova the monastery, as well as Cow Mountain, us. Red Army Street Tereza Novakova, Purkyňova on several numbers, Technical, Valley and more. Currently, although all departments of the faculty already in the Pod Palacky Hill, but due to the historical development of the use of individual buildings in the complex is not fully centralized faculty, and individual sites are located in the former building on the street Meopta Purkinje, the Integrated building on the street Dormitory, at the premises of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering at the Technical Street. and faculty buildings fully utilized, ie, objects and Technical Technická 8 tenth
A month after the completion of the opened Technical building, construction of 10 educational complex faculty Technical bearing 12, which is funded by the Priority Axis 4 Operational Programme Research and Development for Innovation and significantly also from their own resources BUT. This building, which is the final stage of the process of centralization of the faculty, will be completed in 2013.
In 1899, signed by Emperor Franz Joseph I. The decree establishing the first Czech university in Brno, now the Technical University in Brno. The first electrical disciplines were taught by our Technical University since 1905, regular department of electrical engineering was founded in 1910. Individual Faculty teaching the discipline of Electrical was established in 1959, first as a faculty energy, then transformed to the Faculty of Electrical Engineering. The name of the faculty is gradually modified, faculty grew. Now is the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Communication Faculty of the third largest of the eight faculties BUT. In 2001 she received the name of the current faculty and a year later won accreditation of new modern-ranging study programs in a structured study. Studying at the faculty is focused on a wide range of scientific areas: control technology and robotics, biomedical engineering, power engineering and electronics, electrotechnology and electronics, microelectronics, and Radioelectronics Teleinformatics. The faculty has more than four thousand students in bachelor's, master's and doctoral degree programs.
For fifty-one years of its existence the Faculty has successfully completed nearly thirty thousand engineers and bachelors, who are very easy to use in practice, often one of the scarce specialists in the labor market. It is hard to find an industrial area or a major company, research institute or a public institution, which would not work at least one graduate FEEC. Many graduates have successfully applied both abroad and at high governmental or political positions of our country.
In Brno on 7 October 2010
Any use of content including receipt, distribution or other accessing articles and photos without the consent of the agent server Czech-universities.com prohibited.Copyrights: Czech-universities.com